Over the weekend a LAN problem resulted in TCPIP getting hung up on 3 of
our systems and a recycle of TCPIP was necessary to resolve the issue.

On 2 of the systems we had no issue but, on a 3rd, we had a subsequent
issue with NAMESRV needing a separate manual recycle of that server.

When I look at the console of TCPIP startup I see :-

    DTCIPI030W StartANewLife: Victim NAMESRV, reason "Restarting you
because TCP/IP has been restarted"
    HCPLGA054E Already logged on disconnected

and, sure enough, NAMESRV was not restarted. I see the same for all 3
systems but, I guess, NAMESRV survived without problems on the other 2 but
got hung up on this system.

This leads me to the following questions:-
- Should TCPIP force it's application servers before starting them - and,
if so, what might I have configured incorrectly?
- If not, what would be the best place to insert commands to force these
off when TCPIP is started to ensure a clean start up?

Colin Allinson

Amadeus Data Processing GmbH