On Tue, 2 Sep 2008 09:52:29 -0500 Nick Laflamme said:
>When you say "the same network drive," is that the same as saying,
>"the exact same server"? Or are you using more than one Windows
>server at different times, perhaps at different service levels or
>even different Windows versions? After all, the FTP interaction isn't
>driven by the file system but by the server accessing the file system.

All of the FTPs are going to two IP addresses:  10.1.nn.n0 & 10.1.nn.n1 .
The FTP is directed to one or the other dependening on the userid.
Each VMFTP macro begins with opening one of these IP addresses and
logs in, does the file transfer and then quits.  Max files for any one userid
seven.  Both servers are Microsoft Server 2003 but I think they share
the same SAN.

/Fran Hensler at Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania USA for 45 years
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://zvm.sru.edu/~fjh  +1.724.738.2153
              "Yes, Virginia, there is a Slippery Rock"