Ivica -

All of the FTP's are to users on one of two IP address that are
within our firewall.  My version of FTP (3A0) on z/VM 3.1 does not
have the passvie ability.

I always get connected and signed in and I can do a CWD to the user's
directory.  The -5 only happens on a PUT <filename> .

Today it happend on my own account on the network drive.  Then I
re-ran the VMFTP macro unchanged three more times and on the third
try it worked.

/Fran