Unless you have a very small system, the VSSI product probably will not
be a good choice for your backups. For example, our dasd farm, excluding
the 2000+ disks that house the TPF test system base disks, is 576 disks
strong. A full backup of the non-TPF disks is in the neighborhood of
200-300 GB. On our old, hand-me-down tapes (Timberlines) it takes over
120 full cartridges. That volume, which does not include the backup of
the VTAPE library, would make backing up to VTAPE impractical.

Regards,
Richard Schuh