________________________________

        From: The IBM z/VM Operating System
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Martin, Terry R. (CMS/CTR)
(CTR)
        Sent: Monday, September 22, 2008 7:22 AM
        To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
        Subject: Newbie VM Guy old z/OS Guy

        Hi

        I am working on the z/VM z/Linux  POC.  I have set up z/VM for
this POC and have come a rather long way in a few months. I have an
administrative question in terms of z/VM.

        Now that I got VM up and stable I am getting requests from the
z/OS system folks to have user ids created. From what I can tell it does
not seem to make much sense in the VM world to have everyone with a user
id, because frankly not sure what must folks would do with them. In
order to come up with a user that for instance has MAINT power I would
need to basically duplicate MAINT correct?

        Anyway, do you normally set up VM like TSO on z/VM, that is have
all of these user ids out there?

        Thank You,

        Terry Martin

        Lockheed Martin - Information Technology

        z/OS & z/VM Systems - Performance and Tuning

        Cell - 443 632-4191

        Work - 410 786-0386

        [EMAIL PROTECTED]