________________________________

From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Martin, Terry R. (CMS/CTR) (CTR)
Sent: Monday, September 22, 2008 10:22 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Newbie VM Guy old z/OS Guy

Hi

I am working on the z/VM z/Linux  POC.  I have set up z/VM for this POC
and have come a rather long way in a few months. I have an
administrative question in terms of z/VM.

Now that I got VM up and stable I am getting requests from the z/OS
system folks to have user ids created. From what I can tell it does not
seem to make much sense in the VM world to have everyone with a user id,
because frankly not sure what must folks would do with them. In order to
come up with a user that for instance has MAINT power I would need to
basically duplicate MAINT correct?

Anyway, do you normally set up VM like TSO on z/VM, that is have all of
these user ids out there?

Thank You,

Terry Martin

Lockheed Martin - Information Technology

z/OS & z/VM Systems - Performance and Tuning

Cell - 443 632-4191

Work - 410 786-0386

[EMAIL PROTECTED]