From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Nick Laflamme
Sent: Monday, September 22, 2008 11:17 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: Newbie VM Guy old z/OS Guy

At 11:04 AM 9/22/2008 -0400, you wrote:
>Thanks all I appreciate the information. This will help as I move
forward!

Remember, too, that CP command privileges can be very granular. You
can set up new command classes that, for example, have the "QUERY"
commands from a default class but not the corresponding "SET"
commands. I used to give myself that authority on my "normal" userid;
I could do queries from my usual ID to see if there was a problem,
but I had to get on MAINT (or another userid with the SET
authorities) to fix a problem: "I could look but not touch."

That might be helpful for your colleagues getting their feet wet.