I'd not use SFS for Linuxes A-disk.  The benefits SFS surely has for
CMS users, are not enough for Linux guests to outweight the chances of
an SFS that is down.

But, if you insist: renaming the VMSYS filepool to something else is a
task done on 30 seconds (I did that often in my previous live):
- shut down VMSYS (VMSERVS)
- vmlink VMSERVS 191 <* * M> (filel
  -- XEDIT VMSERVS DMSPARMS and change VMSYS on the FILEPOOLID record
  -- RENAME the VMSYS POOLDEF file to match the new name on FILEPOOLID
Leave FILELIST and restart VMSERVS.

--
Kris Buelens,
IBM Belgium, VM customer support