I hate big bang!!  I always have and always will!!

I went, step by step, from 4.4 to 5.3 without any problems. As I said previously, tho, I'll slip in the CP nuc on the test lpar and then ipl it. No one ever even noticed it. I'm a little more careful with CMS, usually having a different set of CMS disks for testers and the sysprogs. I had 5.2 inhouse and on a 2nd lvl test system before 5.3 became available 18 mos. ago and we decided to just go ahead and install 5.3 in June, 2007 on a 2nd lvl system and put it on the test lpar in about August. That was from 4.4 to 5.3 and there were no issues at all.