Greetings,

My client is still having problems with using IND$FILE over TCP/IP for
VM and CA-TPX. This does not occur with SNA. I have opened an issue with
CA and they can't see the problem and the client is supposed to be
dealing with MicroFocus regarding the PC component of this puzzle
(ProClient).

The client has asked me about TN3270E and claims that the Cisco Router
7505 that he uses for SNA connectivity to the mainframe has TN3270E
installed. I explained that I don't think that is an issue (he pointed
to me to an IBM web-site stating that TN3270E is not available in TCP/IP
for VM for terminals, just printers). He think maybe it is an issue.

Also, the file transfer works when he deselects extended attributes.

Any clue on how to get to the bottom of this? What exactly does a
TRANS13 error mean and how does IND$FILE communicate that info to the
emulator so that a pop up window would appear with that error? Is it a
return code from the IND$FILE module? Maybe I need to open an issue with
IBM to help me understand IND$FILE and when this error message occurs?
Of course, to complicate the issue, sometimes a file transfer works,
sometimes it says it works but doesn't actually create the file on the
mainframe and sometimes he get the TRANS13 (but only moving a file from
the PC to the mainframe and not the reverse).

Why would something work in SNA and not TCP/IP when the same 3270
datastream is sent to it?

Any nuggets of wisdom/advice would be appreciated.

Mike Horlick

CGI Montreal