Note that CUT and DFT only matter for real coax. Not applicable to IP
connections.

Do you know the previous LOGMOD entry he was using on SNA? I think you
needed to have extended data streams turned on for IND$FILE to work (and I
think the IP stuff always provides that bit in response to a RSF).

The emulator is the likely cause of the problem. You can do a telnet trace
to look at the terminal type negotiation to determine whether it's
negotiating a terminal type with a -E at the end.