Google turned up:
--<snip>---
TRANS13 Error Writing File to Host: File Transfer Canceled
Explanation: Host program has detected an error in the data file during
the Send operation.
User Action: Retry. If problem persists, call your host personnel.
---<snip>--
Some listed the same Explanation for a "Receive" operation.

Editing the IND$FILE MODULE  and searching for '13' also turned up: 13
Error writing file to host: file transfer canceled   $

Google also showed a number of different terminal emulators displaying
TRANS13.  One of them referred to the difference between CUT (Control Unit
Terminals) and DFT (Distributed Function Terminals) terminals (if I
remember those acronyms correctly).  Which are you using?

Often, the descriptions were for PC to MVS/TSO.  Most referred to the DCB
being wrong (LRECL, RECFM, and for MVS, BLKSIZE).  What are the DCB specs
for the file being transferred?

Can you provide the exact command you are using?  If it's from a GUI, then
check the CMS command buffer for the previous command immediately after
the failure. You can do that by issuing: SET PF07 RETRIEVE BACKWARD
and the pressing PF7 twice.  The first press will display the SET command.
 The second should show the IND$FILE command with all its arguments.

That may provide a little bit more useful information.
Mike Walter
Hewitt Associates
Any opinions expressed herein are mine alone and do not necessarily
represent the opinions or policies of Hewitt Associates.

"Horlick, Michael" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Sent by: "The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>
12/04/2008 01:40 PM
Please respond to
"The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc

Subject
TRANS13 , IND$FILE and CA-TPX

Greetings,

My client is still having problems with using IND$FILE over TCP/IP for VM
and CA-TPX. This does not occur with SNA. I have opened an issue with CA
and they can?t see the problem and the client is supposed to be dealing
with MicroFocus regarding the PC component of this puzzle (ProClient).

The client has asked me about TN3270E and claims that the Cisco Router
7505 that he uses for SNA connectivity to the mainframe has TN3270E
installed. I explained that I don?t think that is an issue (he pointed to
me to an IBM web-site stating that TN3270E is not available in TCP/IP for
VM for terminals, just printers). He think maybe it is an issue.

Also, the file transfer works when he deselects extended attributes.

Any clue on how to get to the bottom of this? What exactly does a TRANS13
error mean and how does IND$FILE communicate that info to the emulator so
that a pop up window would appear with that error? Is it a return code
from the IND$FILE module? Maybe I need to open an issue with IBM to help
me understand IND$FILE and when this error message occurs? Of course, to
complicate the issue, sometimes a file transfer works, sometimes it says
it works but doesn?t actually create the file on the mainframe and
sometimes he get the TRANS13 (but only moving a file from the PC to the
mainframe and not the reverse).

Why would something work in SNA and not TCP/IP when the same 3270
datastream is sent to it?

Any nuggets of wisdom/advice would be appreciated.

Mike Horlick
CGI Montreal

The information contained in this e-mail and any accompanying documents may
contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from
disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, or if this
message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the sender
by reply e-mail and then delete this message, including any attachments. Any
dissemination, distribution or other use of the contents of this message by
anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. All messages
sent to and from this e-mail address may be monitored as permitted by
applicable law and regulations to ensure compliance with our internal policies
and to protect our business. E-mails are not secure and cannot be guaranteed to
be error free as they can be intercepted, amended, lost or destroyed, or
contain viruses. You are deemed to have accepted these risks if you communicate
with us by e-mail.