I got a great Christmas present! 8G dedicated to our new z/VM and zLinux pilot
and new ficon attached DASD (9990V) to replace the escon DASD. The new DASD has
both mod3 and mod9.
As an old MVS dinosaur I'd create many different paging volumes on smaller disk
(mod3) but there is some pressure to use the mod9's. It is a pilot so I have no
idea what our load is going to look like. Obviously my mileage may vary but
what is in use out there? Any thoughts, good or bad, about a mod9 for paging
other than the possibility of contention?

Thanks

Bobby Bauer
Center for Information Technology
National Institutes of Health