                                  ------ ------        ----
SUMMARY                           600840      0          0%
USABLE                            600840      0          0%
Ready; T=0.01/0.01 11:14:03

Ed Martin
Aultman Health Foundation
330-588-4723
ext 40441

-----Original Message-----
From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Bauer, Bobby (NIH/CIT) [E]
Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 11:10 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Paging subsystem

I got a great Christmas present! 8G dedicated to our new z/VM and zLinux
pilot and new ficon attached DASD (9990V) to replace the escon DASD. The
new DASD has both mod3 and mod9.
As an old MVS dinosaur I'd create many different paging volumes on
smaller disk (mod3) but there is some pressure to use the mod9's. It is
a pilot so I have no idea what our load is going to look like. Obviously
my mileage may vary but what is in use out there? Any thoughts, good or
bad, about a mod9 for paging other than the possibility of contention?

Thanks

Bobby Bauer
Center for Information Technology
National Institutes of Health