>>> On 12/15/2008 at  3:22 PM, Ray Waters <ray.wat...@opensolutions.com> wrote:
> Mark,
>
> I can PING the GATEWAY from NOVSTART but not my pc. My pc is not running a
> FTP server so it should not respond, right?

Wrong.  If your PC is running a TCP/IP stack, and isn't firewalling off ICMP
packets, it should respond.

> Gateway
> ping 172.16.24.2
> ping 172.16.24.2
> PING 172.16.24.2 (172.16.24.2) 56(84) bytes of data.

This is _not_ showing a successful ping of the gateway.  So, your problem lies
there.  As Alan Altmark suggested, you now need to get your network team
involved.  Something very fundamental is wrong in your setup, and that's going
to be very specific to your particular site.  As a starting point, take David's
question about the correct IP address for the gateway to them, but Alan's
suggestion for an overall review is best.

Mark Post