From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On
Behalf Of Daniel Allen
Sent: Monday, December 22, 2008 11:42 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: CTC connections between VMs

Prior to z/OS 1.8, z/OS systems could co-exist with N-3 (ie. z/OS 1.4,
1.5, 1.6 and 1.7).

At the z/OS 1.8 and higher, z/OS systems can co-exist with N-2 (ie.
(z/OS 1.6, 1.7 and 1.8),(z/OS 1.7, 1.8 and 1.9)).

It is a question of toleration PTFs to allow z/OS systems to co-exist in
a sysplex. If you run stand-alone z/OS systems, there is no problem.