From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On
Behalf Of Mark Pace
Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2009 11:44 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: OSA layer 2 protocol connections...

Latest layer 2 / layer 3 vswitch question.
Within z/VM 5.4,  can I have 1 layer 2 switch for my guests that support
only layer 2, and a layer 3 switch for linux and TCPIP?  Both would be
connected to the same OSA (z9) via different triplet addresses.

Next thing I've got to figure out is how to change a running SuSE linux
guest from a layer 2 vswitch to a layer 3 vswitch.