I just tried this. If you have an external switch connecting the two
VSWITCHes, then this seems to work fine. They¹re all one layer 2 collision
domain, and the external switch seems to glue everything together properly.

If you don¹t have an external switch and you have to use VM TCPIP or a Linux
guest to glue them together, then you¹re going to have to use variable
length subnetting, and do some routing tricks to allocate part of the layer
3 space to be used by the layer 2 vswitch, using the guest as a layer 3
router. It¹s fugly and it wastes some addresses, but it can be done.
If you can give me the address range from the layer 3 space that you want to
use, I can do the math to do the subnetting for you.