I think a statement in a recent topic thread said that CP allocations are read at ipl time only. Do I remember that correctly? I got the following DIRMAINT messages adding a user:

DVHDRC3457I DVHUPDIR is unable to update object directory because DVHDRC3457I directory requires more than half of available space. DVHDRC3458I Directory updates will be brought online running DIRECTXA DVHDRC3458I against full source directory. Can I change the DRCT allocation and have the change be recognized by CP without doing an ipl? I'll be putting the new DRCT space on the same volume as the exiting allocation.

If there is not space to write the object directory in the existing DRCT space, where is it being held? In memory? Is everything that is changed or added after that message lost in an ipl?

Jim

--
Jim Bohnsack
Cornell University