Mark Wheeler wrote:

If that's the only problem, one can still IPL with the NODIRECT option. OPERATOR will come up, but with no minidisks or CMS. Hopefully this will never happen to you, but what to do if it does?
Of course ! DUH !

Forgot about NODIRECT and DEFINE MDISK !

Guess I still live in the old VM/SP days :P (at that time, my only option was to always have a small tape with a standalone direct and a minimal directory)..

I must've been traumatized more than I thought when it happened to me once and didn't take the necessary precautions (I was young.. innocent..)

(going back to my corner now..)

--Ivan