Bob Bolch wrote:
The VM:Secure CPFMTXA command works by locking out changes to the directory area, running the IBM CPFMTXA command, and then refreshing its own in-memory cache of the allocation map.
I do hope the implementation *DOES* run DIRECTXA after changing the allocation map..

Because changing the allocation map has a nasty tendency of clearing the 'active' directory flag...

That means there is a window of opportunity in which you may find yourself unable to IPL your system.

(between the time you CPFMTXA & the time you DIRECTXA.. which is why I like to do this manually !)

--Ivan