I cannot say enough good about how Endicott implemented OpenVM ... now
some 15+ years ago.  The way the POSIX info is rolled into the CP Dir
is spot on.  There are issues, notably performance concerns and a
gross lack of attention (thanks to the distracting popularity of Linux
on VM).  But the core features of POSIX on VM are truly outstanding.

Okay ... but it is still a little weird for old CMS hacks.  Sorry.  I
see you've gotten some good recommendations, better than I could give
(not knowing the SSL server, though I do know BFS a little).  The
"object does not exist" message sounds like the directory over which
GSKKYMAN wants to mount the filespace is simply not there.  If you did
not fully populate the OpenVM stuff, then yeah, a lot of stuff could
be missing which is assumed (in Unix) to always be present.

A good pre-req test would be to confirm that

        openvm shell

works, prior to adding any other products to BFS land.  You could then

        ls -la /etc

from that shell and see if "gskadm" actually exists.

So ... just addressing this one error message, when a filespace (other
than the root) gets mounted, the mount point directory must already
exist.  (Should typically be empty.)

And, of course, all this stuff is CaSe SeNsItIvE.

I hope this helps.