In this new redbook we do indeed recommend to create a special
filepool as storage space for the certificates and the LDAP databases,
this to avoid problems with release migrations.  The principle:
customer data in your filepool; software in IBM's VMSYS.  This is
definitely not the way things are explained in the TCP/IP manual, then
everything goes in VMSYS.

We detail the required steps, to create the new filepool; what to
change in the LDAP setup, what to mount to run gskkyman, ...

--
Kris Buelens,
IBM Belgium, VM customer support