On Friday, 03/20/2009 at 05:48 EDT, Alan Ackerman
<alan.acker...@earthlink.net> wrote:

> We have a problem with QWS3270. In 5.2.0/5.3.0 everything works fine
with
> static SSL. In 5.4.0, QWS3270 prompts me for a certificate password. I
> provide one and everything works, but it sure slows me down. If I hit
> cancel instead I get disconnected with an "unable to connect" error.
>
> There is no way to turn off this behavior in QWS3270 -- is there any way
> to turn it off in the server?

We are putting our heads together with our z/OS brethren to work out
exactly what is going on.  The more we study the problem, the more
confused the team becomes.

I think we're seeing different error behavor on static and dynamic
sessions, making the problem more elusive.  (It's complicated by folks
trying to use dynamic SSL with a static-only client.)

With any luck the problem will be in VM and we can fix all the client
problems at once.  I would truly hate to have an endemic problem.