On Wed, 18 Mar 2009 10:53:08 -0400, Alan Altmark <alan_altm...@us.ibm.com

wrote:

>On Wednesday, 03/18/2009 at 09:49 EDT, "Mrohs, Ray" <ray.mr...@usdoj.gov
>
>wrote:
>> This is slightly off-topic but if anyone has the 5.4 SSLSERV running
>> with the Rumba or WRQ Reflection 3270 emulator, please contact me
>> offline. Thanks.
>
>Neither Rumba nor Reflection work correctly.  We are working with
>Attachmate to fix Reflection.  Rumba has not responded to our attempts t
>contact them.  IBM Host on Demand doesn't work, either, at the moment.
>
>The common problem we are seeing is that the clients are bringing down t
he
>session when the server requests a client certificate they don't posesss
.
>The RFC specifies that the client should send an "empty" certificate lis
>and that it is up to the server, not the client, to decide whether the
>lack of a client certificate is grounds for a divorce.
>
>Work with your client vendor.  If they want someone in IBM to talk to,
>send them to me.
>
>Alan Altmark
>z/VM Development
>IBM Endicott
>========================
=========================
========================

We have a problem with QWS3270. In 5.2.0/5.3.0 everything works fine with

static SSL. In 5.4.0, QWS3270 prompts me for a certificate password. I

provide one and everything works, but it sure slows me down. If I hit
cancel instead I get disconnected with an "unable to connect" error.

There is no way to turn off this behavior in QWS3270 -- is there any way

to turn it off in the server?

It doesn't make sense to me to that you say "Work with your client vendor
"
when the problem happens only in one release of z/VM and not in z/OS.

Do you have any indication that there is a similar problem in z/OS? if so
,
which version and/or APAR? We might actually get something fixed if there

is a z/OS problem.

Attachmate Extra! works just fine, and so does IBM Pcomm.

Alan Ackerman

Alan (dot) Ackerman (at) Bank of America (dot) com