From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On
Behalf Of Alan Ackerman
Sent: Friday, March 20, 2009 4:48 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: New CMS based SSLSERV problem... DTCSSL300E

On Wed, 18 Mar 2009 10:53:08 -0400, Alan Altmark <alan_altm...@us.ibm.com>
wrote:

>On Wednesday, 03/18/2009 at 09:49 EDT, "Mrohs, Ray"
><ray.mr...@usdoj.gov>
>wrote:
>> This is slightly off-topic but if anyone has the 5.4 SSLSERV running
>> with the Rumba or WRQ Reflection 3270 emulator, please contact me
>> offline. Thanks.
>
>Neither Rumba nor Reflection work correctly.  We are working with
>Attachmate to fix Reflection.  Rumba has not responded to our attempts
>to contact them.  IBM Host on Demand doesn't work, either, at the moment.
>
>The common problem we are seeing is that the clients are bringing down
>the session when the server requests a client certificate they don't
posesss.
>The RFC specifies that the client should send an "empty" certificate
>list and that it is up to the server, not the client, to decide whether
>the lack of a client certificate is grounds for a divorce.
>
>Work with your client vendor.  If they want someone in IBM to talk to,
>send them to me.
>
>Alan Altmark
>z/VM Development
>IBM Endicott
>==

We have a problem with QWS3270. In 5.2.0/5.3.0 everything works fine with
static SSL. In 5.4.0, QWS3270 prompts me for a certificate password. I
provide one and everything works, but it sure slows me down. If I hit cancel
instead I get disconnected with an "unable to connect" error.

There is no way to turn off this behavior in QWS3270 -- is there any way to
turn it off in the server?

It doesn't make sense to me to that you say "Work with your client vendor"
when the problem happens only in one release of z/VM and not in z/OS.

Do you have any indication that there is a similar problem in z/OS? if so,
which version and/or APAR? We might actually get something fixed if there is
a z/OS problem.

Attachmate Extra! works just fine, and so does IBM Pcomm.

Alan Ackerman
Alan (dot) Ackerman (at) Bank of America (dot) com

This electronic transmission and any documents accompanying this electronic
transmission contain confidential information belonging to the sender.  This
information may be legally privileged.  The information is intended only for
the use of the individual or entity named above.  If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution,
or the taking of any action in reliance on or regarding the contents of this
electronically transmitted information is strictly prohibited.