On Monday, 04/20/2009 at 02:09 EDT, "James Stracka (DHL US)"
<james.stra...@dhl.com> wrote:
> Did IBM change ISF?  I thought PVM was used to keep the directories in
> sync?
>
> It has been years since I used ISF so my memory may be incorrect.

CSE (not ISF) has several moving parts.
o Cross-system spool : Multiple systems share a (seemingly) single spool.
Requires PVM.
o Single-system logon: CP knows if you are logged onto another system in
the cluster.  Requires PVM.
o Cross-system commands:  MSG user AT system mytext.   Requires PVM.
o Cross-system LINK protection for minidisks:  Built-in.  No add'l
software required, but you do need some empty cyls on the dasd.
o Single source directory via DIRMAINT+DIRMSAT: Requires RSCS (full
license)