USER BACKUP can be found on the DIRMAINT 1DB not on 1DF.

Jim

Kris Buelens wrote:
Still don't fully understand.  Are you migrating from 5.3 to 5.4.  The
you need to make one directory in which you take *your* stuff only
from the 5.3 system.  The hardest job in the z/VM world as has been
mentioned here e few days ago.  Alan pointed to the z/VM Migration
Guide.

To get the source of the 5.3 directory in the secondlevel system.  You
could do the following:
 - in the directory entry of the secondlevel VM, include
   LINK DIRMAINT 1DF 1DF RR
   and restart the secondlevel user,
 - and/or: issue CP SEND CP seconlvlVM LINK DIRMAINT 1DF 1DF RR
   (but then you have to supply the password too).
 In the 5.4 system: Logon to MAINT for example and issue
    ATTACH  1DF * 1DF R/O
    ACCES 1DF Z
And -miracle- on the Z-disk you can see the USER BACKUP of the first
level system what allows you to extract the wanted pieces.