Further thoughts.

* I've never tried to use desktop components for SUSE or Redhat on S390X.  I
think you would have to do some checking to make sure they available.

* I've looked up some old docs, and configuring a multi-user Linux desktop
required 4MB per user

* If I were you, I would simply setup a new Linux guest, install SUSE and
play.  You would be able to get a lot of sizing info pretty simply.

Matthew