Not degaussed (that I know of), but supposedly brand new...
Lee

Mike Walter wrote:
Perchance was this 3590C tape degaussed? I seem to remember earlier (years ago) posts about 3590's becoming expensive paperweights on VM systems when they were degaussed and there was no neighboring, friendly z/OS system nearby to re-init them.

Mike Walter
Hewitt Associates
Any opinions expressed herein are mine alone and do not necessarily represent the opinions or policies of Hewitt Associates.

The information contained in this e-mail and any accompanying documents may contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, or if this message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the sender by reply e-mail and then delete this message, including any attachments. Any dissemination, distribution or other use of the contents of this message by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. All messages sent to and from this e-mail address may be monitored as permitted by applicable law and regulations to ensure compliance with our internal policies and to protect our business. E-mails are not secure and cannot be guaranteed to be error free as they can be intercepted, amended, lost or destroyed, or contain viruses. You are deemed to have accepted these risks if you communicate with us by e-mail.

--

Lee Stewart, Senior SE
Sirius Computer Solutions