1.  Try another tape.  Depending on your source for tapes, we have experienced
1 in 10 bad 3590 tapes.  Sent them back and got a replacement.

2.  If multiple tapes are bad, call service.  (bad drive <G>)

Tom Duerbusch
THD Consulting

On: Thu, May 21, 2009 at 02:36:49PM -0600,Lee Stewart Wrote:

> The TAPE WVOL1 gives me the same error...
>
> I just took one of the z/OS tapes that they have inited (IEHINITT) and I
> was able to write to it fine...  (Of course now they have to reinint it

Lee,
Have the Z/OS folks run IEHINITT on your tapes, then redo with WVOL1.

--
Rich Greenberg  N Ft Myers, FL, USA richgr atsign panix.com  + 1 239 543 1353
Eastern time.  N6LRT  I speak for myself & my dogs only.    VM'er since CP-67