Is this through the same OSA port and what level of VM are you running?

________________________________

From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On
Behalf Of russell.gendr...@custserv.com
Sent: Wednesday, June 17, 2009 10:56 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: vswitch for layer 2 network on a second level VM guest

Greetings,

Intro

We are trying to setup a vswitch for a layer 2 network on a second level
VM while sharing the  OSA

With the  level 1 VM. We want to setup the second level VM OSA as a
trunk on a layer 2 network for LINUX guests.

This is only for testing as we will eventually be setting up multiple
OSA's in a trunk on a 1st level VM system on a layer 2 network hosting
multiple LINUX guest.

This is our goal at any rate.

Sorry about the intro to what we are trying to accomplish.

Problem.

The level 2 VM hangs and the CPU goes to 100% on the level 1 VM and we
have to force the 2nd level VM.

The command we are trying to use is the following.

"define vswitch  vswf500 rdev f500 controller dtcvsw2 eth vlan 1 portt
trunk"

Thank you

 Russell Gendreau

Time Customer Service, Inc.