Well, I got to pull out my old System/370 reference "green card" (really a
yellow book) for the first time in quite a while.  That was quite
nostalgic.

The reason for using it isn't quite as much fun, though.  I'm trying to get
the Xymon client for VM working, which uses WAKEUP.  I haven't used that in
a number of years and am running into a weird problem. It will work for hours
without a problem and then just drop out of WAKEUP due to an "external
interrupt".  WAKEUP is being called as follows:

WAKEUP +5 ( CONS EXT SMSG FILE(HOBBIT TIMES *)

Sometimes, it will run through a sequence and then exit, sometimes it will run
for several days before it happens.  This is happening on different systems
to, not just on one VM system.  I suspect that some silly thing is not set
correctly, but I have no idea what.  I finally did a CP TRACE EXT on
one of them and found that it is getting an external interrupt code 1004.
According to my trusty old reference book, that is a "clock comparator"
interrupt. That is what is causing WAKEUP to stop with RC=6.

Any ideas on how I can get it to stop doing that?

Martha