On Wednesday, 09/09/2009 at 05:26 EDT, Martha McConaghy
<u...@vm.marist.edu> wrote:

> WAKEUP +5 ( CONS EXT SMSG FILE(HOBBIT TIMES *)
>
> Sometimes, it will run through a sequence and then exit, sometimes it
will run
> for several days before it happens.  This is happening on different
systems
> to, not just on one VM system.  I suspect that some silly thing is not
set
> correctly, but I have no idea what.  I finally did a CP TRACE EXT on
> one of them and found that it is getting an external interrupt code
1004.
> According to my trusty old reference book, that is a "clock comparator"
> interrupt. That is what is causing WAKEUP to stop with RC=6.

While it's true that EXT 1004 is a timer pop, RC=6 from WAKEUP indicates
it detected a console I/O interrupt.  I am wondering if some sort of
automation sequence (CP SEND) is bothering the virtual machine.  Since
there's no QUIET option, the reason for the wakeup should be in the
console.