I don't think the analogy to a ping attack is a particularly fair
one.  Yes, from the perspective of an innocent third user, they
look the same, perhaps, but they aren't.  If the attack were made
through some sort of security gate that defaults to "closed" state
which the sysadmin had accidentally opened and left open, I think
that would  be a more fair analogy.  Quibbling over details,
perhaps, but there is an important difference.

On Fri, 18 Sep 2009 10:11:58 -0400, David Boyes <dbo...@sinenomine.net> w
rote: