VM64461 puts the brakes on console spooling by detecting that something crazy
is going on and may exhaust all of vm's memory and pauses the virtual machine
to allow the writes to disk to take place and the memory to get back under
control.
I believe messages are put out.   My understanding of that may be off a little,
but that's the gist of it.

I'd like to see something like that.  If a virtual machine is up and running
and CP sees that it is grabbing all of the page space at an excessive rate or
if it is in danger not getting its page management blocks into memory then stun
it (or maybe even a parm that says no one user can use more the x% of page).
Put out a message to Operator about "Userid BIGBAD has been halted due to
excessive memory consumption" or something like that.

Marcy

"This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you
are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee, you must
not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on this message or any
information herein. If you have received this message in error, please advise
the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you for
your cooperation."