For what it is worth WS_FTP pro works between zVM and Windows PC.

-----Original Message-----
From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On
Behalf Of Ward, Mike S
Sent: Friday, October 02, 2009 3:31 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: Basic FTP question

Can you define a tdisk to put it on?

-----Original Message-----
From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On
Behalf Of Bob Henry
Sent: Friday, October 02, 2009 9:48 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Basic FTP question

I'm trying to set up an ftp session from my PC to z/VM V5.1. I've tried
a=

couple FTP products (FileZilla & WinSCP) which produces errors "Faile= d
to retrieve directory listing". I finally found an ftp product that
works =

(CoreFTP) but the CMS 191 disk is accessed as read only so I can't
transf= er any data to it. Is there a setting in the z/VM FTP server
that causes thi= s?
Can I issue a SITE command (or something else) that will put the mdisk
in=

write mode?
==========================
the system manager. This message contains confidential information and
is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named
Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this
e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are
not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying,
information is strictly prohibited.

addressee and may contain proprietary, confidential and/or privileged
information.  If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying,
disclosure, dissemination or distribution is strictly prohibited.  If you are
not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return
e-mail, delete this communication and destroy all copies.