Kris Buelens <kris.buel...@gmail.com> Wrote (in part) :-

> OTTOSCR is an old tool to make fullscreen CMS scroll, don't know if it
> still runs.

Kris,

Thank you. I will certainly look at OTTOSCR. Even if it does not run "out
of the box", it may give me a good basis to start from.

To explain a little more - what I am trying to do is quite simple really
(but, as always,  with a couple of twists). This output screen will not
need (and should not) wait for any input. The idea is that it will be
monitored by external automation software looking for specific conditions
and creating alerts.

The userids generating the secuser output will, in fact, be TPF guests
and, as the automation software already monitors the native TPF consoles
(which scroll) then something that replicates this will eliminate the need
for new monitoring routines being written.

The only complexity is that this will not be a 'real screen' but a soft
virtual screen that is doing the monitoring. It is already working, sort
of, with VM:Operator but there are some issues in the way it handles the
screen that causes VM:Operator to run out of buffer memory after a couple
of days (there are also display constraints).

I really am looking to do something very simple.

Colin Allinson

Amadeus Data Processing GmbH