Rob van der Heij <rvdh...@gmail.com> Wrote :-

> Yes, we can ...  I recall using the CMS PIpelines "fullscr" stage to
> build one that imitated the NetView style where the insertion point
> for the new line is rolling over the screen (to save bandwidth). With
> some extra effort you could also do something like MVS where a subset
> of the lines (the replies) stack at the top.
> If you want to insert the new line at the bottom (thus scroll the
>  remaining lines up) you need to rewrite it all every time you add a
> line (which we found very intrusive on the termulators in those days).

> Don't have the code handy anymore, but could give it a try if it helps
you out.

> Rob

I am not trying to do anything complicated like hold lines on the top of
the screen (as with MVS) but one thing I had not considered is the point
that you, correctly, make about having to rewrite the full screen all the
time. That could majorly confuse the automation monitoring tool !!

I am just having a reality check and wondering if it is not a lot simpler
than I had been thinking. If I could remember how to define the screen
(which would be virtual) as a (no)glass teletype then that should really
do just what I want (I think).

Colin Allinson

Amadeus Data Processing GmbH