On Wednesday, 11/11/2009 at 09:43 EST, "Frank M. Ramaekers"
<framaek...@ailife.com> wrote:
> Okay, that is what I'm use to (except for the z/VSE world).  In the
> z/VSE world, you can have multiple interfaces with the same IP address,
> but subnetted down to the host (which z/VM doesn't appear to support):

[snip]

> It appears that I cannot to this z/VM (i.e. cannot subnet down to a
> individual host)

z/VM supports host routes, but they aren't necessary in this
configuration.  I have a vague feeling that you are trying to "fake out"
the network, and that way lies both madness and damnation.

If you are trying to define multiple interfaces for redundancy, you don't
need them when using a VSWITCH.  The VSWITCH handles the OSA failover
transparently to the guests using the VSWITCH.

So I'll put it this way: Tell us what you are trying to do (as opposed to
'configure') and then let's work on the best virtual network design to
meet your needs.  Given that design, we can build the configuration files
to implement it.