From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On
Behalf Of Alan Altmark
Sent: Wednesday, November 11, 2009 3:05 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: TCP/IP and VSWITCH

On Wednesday, 11/11/2009 at 03:44 EST, "Frank M. Ramaekers"
<framaek...@ailife.com> wrote:
> I can, but we have about 8  OSAs (and associated z/VSEs). Combining
them
> into one VSWITCH with a single adapter to the outside world might be a
> problem (bandwidth to the outside).  Can you have more than one OSA
> associated with the VSwitch?

Do you have any other surprises?  :-)  So you have one OSA chpid per
z/VSE?

To get bandwidth > 1 OSA, you have to run with "Link Aggregation" which
requires capability in the physical switch.  You could choose instead to

create 8 VSWITCHes, each with one OSA or, more likely, 4 VSWITCHes, each

with 2 OSAs (1 per for failover).

This message contains information which is privileged and confidential and is
solely for the use of the
intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any
review, disclosure,
copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is strictly
prohibited. If you have
received this in error, please destroy it immediately and notify us at
privacy...@ailife.com.