From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On Behalf
Of Jeff Gribbin
Sent: Tuesday, December 22, 2009 8:33 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: Copy files changed by RSU

Franz Josef,
If you move your production SPOOL to dedicated volumes, along with your
WARMSTART / CHECKPOINT areas then, unless the format of the SPOOL control
blocks changes (a rare occurrence and one which is always flagged in the
documentation when it happens) you shouldn't need to restore the SPOOL files.
(Of course, I'd always advise taking a SPOOL backup - "just in case" but, with
a separate SPOOL configuration I wouldn't expect / plan to need to use it!)

Regards
Jeff

(P.S. Whenever I've had influence over such things I have always modified
COPYFILE to default to OLDDATE - it's saved my bacon on several occasions!)