On Thursday, 03/11/2010 at 03:23 EST, Brian Nielsen
<bniel...@sco.idaho.gov> wrote:
> The version with the cent sign in the middle of the line does not work
as
> you are expecting.  A cent sign anywhere in the line discards the entire
> line, not just what is before it.

So, contrary to the doc, it isn't really a LINEDEL.

>From the HELP:
 .... The first is the logical character-delete symbol (@) that allows
 deletion of one or more of the previous characters entered. The second is
the
 logical-line delete symbol (Ý) that deletes the entire previous physical
line.
 Most often, the default values for these two symbols are defined for each

 virtual machine at system generation. When you use the CP TERMINAL
command to
 redefine the CHARDEL and LINEDEL characters, the redefinitions have no
effect
 on DDR line editing. DDR continues to recognize the at sign (@) and the
cent
 sign (Ý) as valid CHARDEL and LINEDEL symbols, respectively.

With CP you can enter
 ignore this Ý Q time

If I ran the zoo, I would propose that DDR
- no longer check for @
- continue to obey Ý as it does today.
- add an actual comment capability