From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On
Behalf Of Schuh, Richard
Sent: Wednesday, April 07, 2010 11:17 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: V-disk

The question was not for a system that hosts Linux guests, it is for one
that uses V-disk instead of T-disk for most temp space. The doc mentions
DPA < 2G, DPA and external page space, but I don't see any formula for
calculating the SYSLIM that would be the default if none were specified
in the SYSTEM CONFIG. The current config file limits were determined in
a galaxy far, far away at a time long, long ago. I was wondering how
they would compare to the current system defaults which may well be more
generous than the limits that have been set. The problem is, we are as
close to 24X365.25 as we can be, so it may be a long time before I can
bring the system up without the config limits to see.

Regards,
Richard Schuh