Sure, I could do that, but would it answer the question I asked?

Regards,
Richard Schuh

________________________________
From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On Behalf
Of Kris Buelens
Sent: Wednesday, April 07, 2010 12:46 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: V-disk

And what about SET VDISK SYSLIM INFIN if you want to test without an IPL?

2010/4/7 Schuh, Richard <rsc...@visa.com<mailto:rsc...@visa.com>>
The question was not for a system that hosts Linux guests, it is for one that
uses V-disk instead of T-disk for most temp space. The doc mentions DPA < 2G,
DPA and external page space, but I don't see any formula for calculating the
SYSLIM that would be the default if none were specified in the SYSTEM CONFIG.
The current config file limits were determined in a galaxy far, far away at a
time long, long ago. I was wondering how they would compare to the current
system defaults which may well be more generous than the limits that have been
set. The problem is, we are as close to 24X365.25 as we can be, so it may be a
long time before I can bring the system up without the config limits to see.

Regards,
Richard Schuh

--
Kris Buelens,