1. Is the default greater than the current SYSTEM CONFIG limit? I am not
currently using the defaults, I am using SYSTEM CONFIG limits that were carried
over from some time ago. It unlikely that they are equal to or greater than the
values that the system will calculate. I would like to verify that.

2. Is the default value on a 5.3 system based on DPA < 2G?
2a. If so, must the 2050 frames per G reside under the 2G line?

I want to have some idea what increasing the SYSLIM and USERLIM will do to the
system. If the answers to questions 2 and 2a are yes, I do not want to
overburden the system with frames <2G being locked for V-disks. However, if
that is the case and the defaults are greater than our current values, I will
not be uncomfortable using the defaults instead of the current config file
values. In other words, I do not want to step into this blindly.

I have no concerns about the documentation not being correct, except for the
possibility that the answers to 2 and 2a might be NO. I see that there is no
mention of <2G in the 6.1 documentation. There are some things that could be
clarified. For example, the statement, "The amount of storage represented by
one-quarter of the paging space defined for CP use" could be better expressed.
As is, there are a couple of questions about it. What is meant by "paging space
defined for CP use"? If this is DASD space currently allocated as PAGE (as
shown by the response to QUERY ALLOC PAGE), then that is how it should be
stated. That would clear up the ambiguity  of the clause "for CP use", which
would tend to imply that there is such a thing as paging space that is not for
CP use. If it is not the external page space, then what is it?

Regards,
Richard Schuh