On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 9:03 AM, Anson <yeal_c...@yahoo.com.cn> wrote:

> There are many general CPs and one IFL in this zVM LPAR.  Many zLinux guests
> machines running on this zVM. We hope to use this IFL dedicate to one zLinux
> for performance testing reason while other zLinux guests still share the
> remaining general CP resource.

When those other Linux guests are not defined to use the IFL, they
will continue to use the CPs.

I don't think we've ever dedicated CPUs for performance measurements.
The entire motivation for running Linux on z/VM is to share the
resources, so to me measuring the use of dedicated resources is not
interesting. The performance monitor can distinguish overhead and
virtual machine usage.

Rob