On Tuesday, 06/01/2010 at 11:08 EDT, David Boyes <dbo...@sinenomine.net>
wrote:
> > With care, as an idle terminal does not imply an idle virtual machine.
>
> Indeed, although I suspect his auditor is whining about terminals left
> unattended.

Back in 1970 we had no other solution.  Things have progressed somewhat
since then and a properly mandated and managed end station screen lock
will suffice.

I say "somewhat" since I think that the 3270 datastream is ripe for the
host to be able send an "enable/disable/query screen lock" to the
emulator, independent of any OS-level locks, and potentially appropriate
to the specific application.  (Some apps access more sensitive data than
others.)