This may be a bit too easy.  I think I've been bitten by such a thing once:
the fact that you FORCE TCPIP sets you "forced disconnect" and you may put
your user in CP read or such... You better should be disconnected first:
So an EXEC:
 /* */ address command
 'CP DISC'
 'CP FORCE TCPIP'
 'CP SLEEP 2 SEC'
 'CP XAUTOLOG TCPIP'
You could test this first with for example EREP and than logon to EREP to
see if if yet a Reconnected message (then a #CP IND USER EREP EXT to check
the connect time: it should be very short.

And then, if you do it with TCPIP: keep your fingers crossed.

--
Kris Buelens,
IBM Belgium, VM customer support