Micheal, you may also want to take a look at the CHUG package available off of the IBM VM download page. Included in the package is the AHDLDSF module (with assembler source), that allows a Rexx exec to drive a 3270 session as if the exec was a human user.

A list of the command AHDLDSF supports:
*
*    INIT <TRACE>
*    LOGGING ON <fn <ft <fm>>>